After a Bachelor and Masters degree in Physics from the Technical University of Munich (GER), I recieved my PhD in Astronomy from Swinburne University of Technology in Melboune (AUS). Since 2018, I am working as a postdoc for the Centre de Données astronomiques de Strasbourg within the Observatory of Strasbourg (FRA).
Software and ProgrammingPython
- For most of my data analysis I use Python and a multitude of packages, including Astropy, Pandas, Keras with Tensorflow, Numpy, Scipy, and Scikit-Learn
- For interactive, exploration analysis I use Jupyter notebooks and for automation of tasks I use scripts.
- To demonstrate th access of Virtual Observatory services and archives with Python, I have created a set of Jupyter notebooks with my colleague Ada Nebot.
- very experienced: Miriad
- experienced: IRAF and CASA
- very experienced: Aladin, Topcat, DS9
German (native), English (C2), French (B1), Spanish (A1)
Telescope Proposals and Observing Experience
SKA precursors and pathfinders
- Lead of the HI specific angular momentum project in the MALS survey on MeerKAT
- Member of the MIGHTEE-HI science team
- Member of the WALLABY science team
ALMA ACA array, Chajnantor (CHL)
- PI of a project to map CO in HI-rich galaxies (observed, analysis ongoing )
Australian Telescope Compact Array (ATCA), Narrabri, (AUS)
- Co-Investigator of multiple projects mapping the HI
content of local galaxies:
- A large observing program to map the atomic hydrogen in HI-rich galaxies. (PI: V. Kilborn) The data are the foundation of my PhD thesis and are published in Lutz et al. (2018). Data cubes can be found in VizieR.
- A project with the ATCA to map the atomic hydrogen in gas poor galaxies. (PI: V. Kilborn). Results are published in Murugeshan et al. (2019).
- The Lord of the Rings: a large project with the ATCA to map the atomic hydrogen in gas poor galaxies. (PI: C. Murugeshan)
- Observing with the ATCA for more than 300h
- Supporting continuum and spectral line observations at wavelengths of 16cm, 4cm, 15mm, 7mm and 4mm as the Duty Astronomer
IRAM 30m single dish, Pico Veleda, (ESP)
- 30h to observe the mm continuum emission of NGC4214 with the NIKA2 camera, observations are queued (PI: K. Lutz)
- 60h of observations of the CO(1-0) and CO(2-1) mission line spectra in local galaxies for the xGASS / xCOLDGASS project (see Saintonge et al. (2017))
VLA, New Mexico (USA)
- PI of a project to map the HI and L-band continuum in the NGC1052 group, observations are ongoing
WiFeS IFU, 2.3m ANU telescope, Siding Spring Observatory, (AUS)
- PI of a project mapping the gas-phase metallicity of local galaxies (18 nights granted), results are published in Lutz et al. (2020)
Dark Energy Camera (DECam), CTIO Victor-Blanco 4m Telescope, Cerro Tololo, (CHL)
- PI of a project for deep imaging of local galaxies and their environment (2 Nights granted)